Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lemon butter - super quick and easy

I found the recipe for this on sugarfish blog by Ruth, it's a deliciously sweet and tangy lemon butter, or lemon curd as it can also be known. I remember my mum making something like this when I was a kid but it never took my fancy back then.

Now however, I can't help dipping a spoon in it
whenever I go past the fridge....

Here's the recipe, as per Ruth, but make sure you drop by her blog and check out the other foodstuff offerings she has there. Very family/kid friendly recipes, just what I need.




Lemon Butter

Photobucket

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup lemon juice
4 eggs
125 grams butter
  • Place the sugar, butter and lemon juice in a large bowl.
  • Microwave on high for three minutes, stirring halfway.
  • Beat the eggs well, then beat into the mixture thoroughly.
  • Microwave on high for four minutes or until thickened, checking and stirring every 30 - 40 seconds.
  • Beat well.
  • Cool in the fridge.

Oh, and make sure you have a helper, too!


Photobucket




3 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

YUM - it might help with my chocolate reduction scheme!

Ashley Brooke said...

Hi! Just saw your comment on Coco Cake Cupcake's blog and thought I would stop by and check out your blog (since you said you have an interest in cupcake decorating!)

I do also... see my blog :)

ashleybrookesart.blogspot.com

Anyway, I just wanted to let you in on someone who hugely inspires me: Bakerella! (didn't see her on your blog roll...)

bakerella.blogspot.com

If you haven't heard of her or seen her blog, you MUST go there now!!

Happy baking!!

-Ashley :)

Cat J B said...

Ooooh, I did check out bakerella and am now drooling all over my keyboard! Thanks for the links Ashley!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...