Wednesday, April 15, 2009

An interesting find in the house hunt

We are continuing on our mission to find a house that better suits our needs, and to that end, I went with an estate agent today to view some properties. 

Going into the garage at one place through the side door, I couldn't help but notice that it was reinforced steel door with major locks on it. Of course I had to ask what on earth did they keep in here, a few Rolls Royce, maybe a Porsche and a Bentley?? 

Ahhhh, said the agent, I should tell you a little about the history of this place. Well yes thanks, I would like to know if I need to be worried about unearthing any skeletons in the garden when I'm planting the spuds. Well she takes me through the steel door to the back of the garage, where there is another steel door, leading to a room off the back of the garage. Very well insulated, not a chink of light, except for a flue in the ceiling, and only reachable after going through two steel doors. 

Hmmm, the mind boggles.

Turns out it used to be a drug lab, which got busted about 4 years ago. The perfect spot for it....well, not so perfect obviously. Yikes, what sort of neighbourhood are we buying into??

It was not the right house for various reasons, but if it had been right, I wonder if it's history would have made us turn it down? If the energy of the place would have been disrupted by the goings on there, it's feng shui out of whack, it's karma cosmically out of synch, it's.............ok ok I'm waxing lyrical here. Anyway, that made my real estate viewings just a tad more interesting today. 


Wonder what I'll turn up next time?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...