Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A bit of this, a bit of that.......lots of everything

Life is busy. Busy busy.


Adding to my usual routine I worked three afternoon/evening nanny shifts with my kids in tow.....that included the school run to a VERY swanky school......but I have been driving their (the family I sometimes nanny for) Range rover so didn't feel as out of place as I would have pulling up outside that swanky school in my paint peeling ford........

It's a great job, I've known the family for 10 years and am happy to help out.
My kids love their kids and their kids look after my kids (their kids are older).
So it's almost like a non-job.

Except cooking dinner while helping a 10 year old with homework, trying to get the attention of the 7 year old to feed the dogs that are tripping me up in the kitchen, keeping tabs on a 13 year old boy and his phone, the laptop and homework supposed to be getting done, eating the pretend food my 19 month old is cooking for me in the playroom and trying to locate the drumsticks so my 4 year old can have a bash on the drum kit.........is just a tad stressful.

Meanwhile nothing gets done at my house.


'Nuff said on that.



So in between all that I've done a bit of this

Photobucket

Made a few of these for Cup Day

Photobucket

Put the lil fella to work

Photobucket

Weathered a few hot days

Photobucket

Talked this one down from the brink

Photobucket

And found out Master H is NOT allergic to bee stings

Photobucket


Phew. It was quite a week.



9 comments:

Louisa said...

Welcome back - we missed you!! And I thought my week was busy with tee-ball, cricket, gymnastics, school (two different ones), house renovation and a bad case of nits for my blondie thrown in for good measure. Gotta love modern life.

Kath Lockett said...

You're excused :)

Cat J B said...

Oh nits, haven't been there yet, hopefully with Mr 4's no' 4 haircut (usually, it's due now so a bit longer) we won't be struck down too badly. Tho I can't yet bring myself to cut R's girly locks, don't think he'd suit a number haircut.

Thanks Kath :-)

Mandee said...

Wow, that is some week you had! I hope you get to relax a little this week! :)

Charlotte Scott said...

Wow! And you managed to catch a few pics of it all! I feel positively slothful next to you ;)

Cuggles! Kids said...

Jeez. Just the bit about collecing other peoples' kids and doing dinner for all of them would be enough to send me batty. Amazing what you can do though when you just have to.

Charlotte Scott said...

Hey sis, I gave you an award - check out my blog post called Thanks to check it out. That is, if you have time!

Laura @ Our Wee Farm said...

what a week!!

Guess what arrived from Oz for me? My cupcake Courier! Which I desperately needed as last week on the hours winding road drive north I had to stop 3 times to save cupcakes intent on committing suicide!

em + woz said...

Hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...