This Food Fetish Meme (about Me, a MeMe got it? right) was thrown my way by the deliciously chocolatey Kath at Blurb from the Burbs fame. Yes, it was a while ago, I'm just catching up...
So here you go, more than ever wanted to know about my dietary predilections:
1. What's your #1 comfort food?
Custard. Thick, creamy, high in sugar, out of a tub....NOT made by me.
Or smarties, good old smarties. Pebbles to you kiwis. See, this is my favourite method of birthday cake decoration:
2. If you were stranded on a desert island what 5 foods would you want to have with you to survive on?
Cheese toasted sandwiches made with my home made spelt bread. Well, technically that's two foods. Ok, ummmm....pumpkin soup from my thermomix....yum! And the cheese (grated) can go in that too. Arnotts mint slice bikkies. Blueberries.
3. What are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you known for making?)
Well, cupcakes of course. Or chocolate cloud cake for grown up birthdays. Lasagne for family do's and a mean green salad to take to bbqs. Ok, I'm not a one-dish kinda gal.
4. It's Friday night, you don't know what to cook. You opt for?
Fish and chips from Shark-2-go up the road. They are goooooooooood......
5. What's your ultimate food weakness?
Arnotts mint slice. I know, a bit sad aren't I? But I can get through a packet of these in one sitting if I try hard enough.
6. What food can you soooo not eat?
The usual suspects such as liver and tripe. And I'm not a pork or pea fan. Or broad beans, ick.
You need a drink, you grab a.....?
Glass of water straight from the tap. Nothing better.
8. What's the most decadent dish you've ever had?
Goldensyrup dumplings...sweeeet, sticky, doughy. I'm sure there's something more elegant but I can't bring it to mind.
9. What's your favourite type of food?
Fresh and raw.....fruits, vegies, sushi.
10. Favourite Dish?
At the moment it's homemade tortillas with diced crumbed chicken, fresh tomato, spinach and cheese, mmmmmm.
11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant, where would you go?
Tokyo Tepenyaki Japanese restaurant down Chapel St. That was first on my hit list after coming out of hospy with my first bub.
12. Soup or Salad?
Soup in winter, salad in summer.
13. Buffet, Take-Out or Sit-Down?
Take-out or sit down. I feel like a guts if I have to get up to serve myself. Surely everyone's staring at my back thinking "wasn't she just up there? She does NOT need to pile that plate any higher..."
14. What's the most impressive meal you've ever made?
I will have to say my most impressive 'dish' right now is kick-arse sorbet made in my thermomix. What did I ever do before I got my thermomix??
15. Do you consider yourself a good cook?
I'm an ok cook, but a good baker.
16. Do you know what vichyssoise is?
Um, no. Some sort of cold soup?
17. Who's your favourite TV cook?
Don't watch the box on a regular basis although I was riveted by the original Masterchef series.
Can NOT see myself on there though.
18. Can you name at least three famous cooking personalities?
Maggie Beer, Nigella, Jamie Oliver. Predictable aren't I?
19. Homemade or homemade from a box?
Oh definitely home made, real food does not come out of a box. See?
I think this lot is lemon butter, blueberry muffins, pumpkin muffins, spag bol sauce, caramel and more blueberry muffins.
20. Tag three more foodies..
The only one I'm going to tag with this is my youngest sis The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady....head's up sis!!