Saturday, February 28, 2009

Phew, done for today

Today was a busy one, just finished up in the kitchen and it's after 10pm. I was having a baking session, rolling out gingerbread cookies and little cheesy crackers for kiddie snacks. Fiddly but satisfying, the bikkie tins are now full, awaiting the next assault of "I'm huuuuuungry!" A fairly constant refrain around here.

But I do wonder, when will I get back to my sewing machine? By the time I'm done in the evening, all I'm good for is sitting in front of the pc for a short while. My eldest, H, has requested a Superman babushka style doll for his birthday, complete with baby Superman in the front pocket. I made him a Batman one for Christmas, which was very well received, so had grand plans to expand the range. Well, a range of one, haha....no wait, I did do one for my niece when she turned one last year. I made a fairly simple little lady, complete with serene face, and baby tucked into her pocket. Just need to find my motivation to start said project.

And a bit of house hunting today, we saw a promising one, my sewing room may yet become a reality......

I'm feeling a little 'mummy guilt' this evening too, it's been TOO busy, running round madly all day, not spending enough playing time with the kiddies. I will try to assuage the guilt tomorrow...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...