Friday, February 27, 2009

It's been a while..

Gee, it's been a long time since I was on here. Lets see, what's been happening? Well, Christmas, for one. Very busy with two kids and two large extended families, lots of shopping, baking, sewing and crafting. And, back at work after maternity leave, yikes. Granted, its only two days per week, but the organisation required is phenomenal, who'd have thought that, huh?? So, might be re-thinking that one in the near future. Mind you, I've become an expert in bulk cooking and stocking the freezer with easy to prepare meals. Well, maybe not an expert yet, one day perhaps.

Now, back to where I left off...the beautiful piece my sister sent me home with after a visit to her in rural WA

Photobucket

I happened to admire it hanging on her wall, so she took it down, wrapped it carefully and gave it to me, saying it was a late birthday present. How nice was that?? I say it again, my sisters are my life savers.

A little bit of the detail...
Photobucket

She said it was a challenge piece: my one sis left in New Zealand and my eldest sis in Tom Price (at the time) give each other quilting challenges to meet.....at least I think that's what it's all about, this is not an area of sewing I know a lot about. Oh, and she sent me another of her quilts for Christmas, a wall hanging that she was working on while I visited, and I happened to fawn over.

Right, enough on those!


House hunting, that's something else that's been on the agenda. Oooooh, I can't wait to have a sewing room, my husband's after a gadget room, and we both would like a decent size backyard for the boys, who are 1 and 4. Way too much energy for a small house like ours, there is only so many times I can stand spiderman leaping off the furniture onto our wooden floors before I start to feel the reverberations in my bones. First thing we're investing in once we find the right place is a trampoline, spiderman can practice his leaping skills on that.

Photobucket

What is it about small boys and costumes? Although I imagine the same goes with small girls as well, but seeing as I don't have any I can't tell you.
They loooove them! See spidey, above. And this little gem....

Yes it's Mr Nearly 4 in a..........chicken suit.
Photobucket

Currently, the Buzz Lightyear outfit is in favour, although Superman gets a regular airing, as does Batman. That reminds me, I need to get suitable receptable to hold above mentioned superhero duds...

More soon, as I've discovered this is a good place to order my thoughts and keep my sanity, it's no wonder blogging is such a popular pasttime.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...