Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Life after baby

Had a rough afternoon yesterday, too many tears, cranky at the kids, tired, short tempered. I've still got to get back to doing the school run, which hubby has been doing for me up till now. I dropped off this morning, but managed to escape without really speaking to anyone significant. Got to go back this afternoon. I'm just hanging out with my 3 year old for now and following his lead, he's been a bit neglected of late.

It was one week ago today I found out our baby had no heartbeat.
A week ago tomorrow that I gave birth to him.
My only natural, drug free birth.
My milk came in, but I've managed to keep that under control and it's going away again.
Not sleeping too well, I think my body is waking me up to feed the baby.

We live in a very supportive community, surrounded by many friends, acquaintances and well-wishers, but it's still really hard right now.



6 comments:

em + woz said...

Oh Cat, I am in tears for you both, and for the boys too, who must be finding this so difficult to understand. Don't push yourself to get back into anything. You need to let your body recover and let your heart grieve. Wish I could be there physically for you, but just know that I'm praying for you and thinking of you all every day.

Lots of love,
Em x

Cathie said...

i don't know what to say, nothing I say will help.
I just send you love & wish you strength.
hugs ♥

Charlotte Scott said...

Thought about you heaps today.xxx

Sue from Ky. said...

I am so sorry for you loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Cadi said...

Sending you my love, 'cause I know that nothing I can say can make it better. Much love!!!

kim said...

hello....i just found your blog. just wanted to send some love your way. i can't even imagine your grief right now. i hope you are able to find space for healing. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...